Healthy Air Episode #20
The Solution to Indoor Air Pollution | Christian Weeks
In this episode, Christian Weeks talks about buildings being a major contributor to air pollution. He addresses the need to solve this issue and speaks about cleaning and improving indoor air. He also discusses how with COVID, we’ve seen a heightened awareness and concern about the air quality in buildings.
Christian Weeks is the Chief Executive Officer of enVerid Systems, a pioneer and global leader in air quality and energy efficiency. Christian has over a decade of experience in energy efficiency and indoor air quality. He is passionate about helping buildings achieve their energy efficiency and indoor air quality goals through smart investments, HVAC systems, and proven air cleaning technologies. Prior to his role at enVerid, Christian was an executive with EnerNOC, acquired by Enel X, and a management consultant with Deloitte Consulting. Christian lives in Boston and is a graduate of Dartmouth College and Harvard Business School.
Keeping air safe has never been more important. Now that we are in the next normal, it is critical that the air we breathe in shared indoor spaces is healthy and safe for continued occupancy. Are we ready to face this challenge and mitigate airborne exposure risk indoors? Welcome to Healthy Air, a podcast that talks about the future of buildings and how to keep air safe and healthy. Keep up with the latest industry trends, latest technologies, and regulatory changes with your host, Erik Malmstrom, industry experts, and the SafeTraces team here on Healthy Air.
- An overview of Christian’s background [1:00]
- Buildings: a major contributor to air pollution [5:04]
- Sorbent ventilation technology [7:21]
- Balancing health & safety vs. energy/carbon cost penalties [12:38]
- Is recirculation good? [18:22]
- Companies scoring well on sustainability metrics are better run [22:04]
- enVerid Systems’ with major partnership [28:27]
- The future of indoor air quality (IAQ) [31:55]
- Parting thoughts: let us learn from COVID [34:29]
- Christian’s LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/christian-weeks-5972a21/
- enVerid Systems, Inc.: https://enverid.com/
“Buildings are a major contributor to air pollution. We need to solve this issue if we’re going to address climate change.”
“It’s all about cleaning up enough indoor air, so that we don’t need as much outside air to maintain healthy indoor air quality.”
“We’re not compromising on the indoor air quality, we’re often improving it.”
“With COVID we’ve seen this heightened awareness and concern about the air quality in buildings.”
“Let’s make sure we take these lessons and make them part of our future, so that we can ultimately come out stronger than we were before.”