Healthy Air Episode #12
Operating in a New Normal | Paul de la Port
In this episode, Paul talks about taking the plunge into entrepreneurship and gives advice on selecting an air cleaning system. He also speaks about upgrading aging HVAC systems and choosing the right level of coverage. Lastly, he discusses Omni CleanAir’s two business segments, their response to COVID, and how their culture is built on learning.
Paul de la Port is the President of Omni CleanAir. Since 1988, their solutions have been deployed to high-stakes applications, keeping people safe from some of the most dangerous airborne pollutants and pathogens. Omni CleanAir’s range of industrial-grade air purification solutions have resulted in 10s of 1000s of installs in the US and abroad. They are used in healthcare facilities for infection control, facilities affected by wildfires, for nuclear facility maintenance and decommissioning, and for hazardous environmental remediation and abatement. He’s held executive roles with companies including Danaher, GE, and Dresser. His last corporate role was President of Fluke’s Industrial and Digital Systems businesses.
Paul is passionate about leading breakthrough innovation and strategic transformations, hands-on product leadership, and commercial execution.
Keeping air safe has never been more important. Now that we are in the next normal, it is critical that the air we breathe in shared indoor spaces is healthy and safe for continued occupancy. Are we ready to face this challenge and mitigate airborne exposure risk indoors? Welcome to Healthy Air, a podcast that talks about the future of buildings and how to keep air safe and healthy. Keep up with the latest industry trends, latest technologies, and regulatory changes with your host, Erik Malmstrom, industry experts, and the SafeTraces team here on Healthy Air.
- An overview of Paul’s background [1:01]
- The scope and scale of the Omni CleanAir business [4:34]
- How Omni CleanAir’s solutions differentiate from their competition [10:32]
- The air purification industry as a whole is 50 to 75% illegitimate [13:01]
- The types of customers and partners which are most strategic [15:43]
- The right level of coverage for a facility with multiple floors [17:16]
- Paul’s predictions of the demand for air purification solutions in the next ten years [19:38]
- Paul’s take on the indoor air quality discussion and level of general prioritization in the US [21:28]
- Paul and Omni CleanAir’s COVID-19 experience [22:31]
- How Omni CleanAir stays on top of the market pulse [23:43]
- Paul’s LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/paul-de-la-port
- Paul’s company: https://omnicleanair.com/
“We’re energized by working on a purposeful problem. And I think this is really going to matter, as buildings and companies figure out how to operate in a new normal.”
“We’re not a COVID company because there’s been a need since before COVID.”
“When the stakes are this high, why would you take the chance?”
“Our products do what they say they do, are backed up by data, are grounded in proven technologies, and we’re very transparent about that.”
“Omni CleanAir’s goal is to bring 30 years of technology know-how, experience, and applications to everyday workspaces without the need for professional expertise and installation.”
“If you can’t understand the specifications or the claims, and those claims can’t be backed up by data in plain English. That’s a red flag!”