SafeTraces is a rapidly growing Tri-Valley start-up that is marketing a unique traceability and authentication technology with a wide range of applications. Our edible markers enable full traceability and authentication of the product, not just the packaging. They are applied during food processing to trace the product and obtain rapid source assurance. During sanitation, the markers are applied to the wash water to verify proper sanitation processes, providing assurance of a food’s effective sanitation.
We are looking for a
Vice President of Customer Acquisition and Engagement
The VP reports directly to the CEO as a key member of the leadership team with ownership of the company’s user acquisition and engagement strategy.
- You’ve already had success in building new businesses from scratch.
- You are experienced in Post-Harvest agriculture practices for the vegetable and fruit commodity space.
- You have knowledge of Packaging Lines, Produce Machinery, Sanitation, and Wash Water System.
- You understand customer sanitation and related problems, especially microbial quality and food safety problems, which are unusual and complex.
- You have 10+ years experience selling inputs to regional and national growers, importers, processors, distributors, and/or retailers at all organizational levels.
- You have an excellent understanding of the Food Safety Modernization Act and its implications.
- You have contacts and have cultivated customer relationships in the United States and Mexico, that position you as a go-to resource in this product space. You exhibit a consultative selling approach, bringing technical know-how and expertise to customers adding value to their operations. You have excellent selling skills and are able to adapt to different customer types in order to find their unique pain and provide solutions to fulfill their needs. Relationships in the European Union and China would be extremely useful.
- You have a four-year Agricultural, Food Science, Microbiology Degree, and/or Post-Harvest Agriculture Education.
- Your first responsibility will be to leverage your experience and provide guidance to the product development team from a customer perspective.
- You will develop customer relationships, and identify and secure opportunities for field evaluations.
- You will assist our engineering team in planning and executing field evaluations of products or procedures that will objectively measure a systems or products performance under field conditions.
- You will incessantly pursue, qualify and close sales leads, primarily by converting the field demonstration partners to paying customers.