SafeTraces is a rapidly growing San Francisco Bay Area start-up that is marketing a unique traceability and authentication technology with a wide range of applications. Our edible markers are applied directly to the food - not the packaging - during food processing to trace the product and obtain rapid source assurance. During sanitation, the markers are applied to the wash water to verify proper sanitation processes, providing assurance of a food’s effective sanitation.
We are looking for a
Product Manager, Food Source Assurance Solutions
- The primary function of this role is to understand customer needs related to traceability, source assurance, and adulteration prevention practices for food and fresh produce and to develop enduring solutions to address them.
- In conjunction with the technology team, you will manage the development, implementation, and commercialization of new products.
- You will participate in the definition of product requirements, and define the technical development plan, scope, goals, timelines, budget, and deliverables.
- The work is highly interdisciplinary and will involve working closely with biologists, software engineers, mechanical and electrical engineers, and external OEM.
- You will need to have strong verbal and written communication skills and to manage communication with OEM partners.
- The position will involve development of consumables, software, and hardware, as well as extensive wet bench work. This will require the ability to directly work or oversee projects in microfluidics, polymerase chain reaction (PCR) testing, emulsification technology, and formulation of emulsion coatings, database design, and development and UI/UX design.
- You must have an excellent understanding of the Food Safety Modernization Act and its implications, as well as strong knowledge of food technology and processing.
- BS or MS in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, Food Science, or equivalent.
- 10+ years experience managing large interdisciplinary projects preferably in food technology is mandatory. Start-up experience a big plus.
- We are based in the San Francisco Bay Area. We expect daily presence in the office, with some flexibility for the right person.