SafeTraces is a rapidly growing San Francisco Bay Area start-up that is marketing a unique traceability and authentication technology with a wide range of applications. Our edible markers are applied directly to the food - not the packaging - during food processing to trace the product and obtain rapid source assurance. During sanitation, the markers are applied to the wash water to verify proper sanitation processes, providing assurance of a food’s effective sanitation.
We are looking for a
Product Manager, Food Safety Solutions
- The primary function of this role is to understand customer needs related to food safety and sanitation practices and to develop enduring solutions to address them.
- In conjunction with the technology team, you will manage the development, implementation, and commercialization of new products.
- You will participate in the definition of product requirements, and define the technical development plan, scope, goals, timelines, budget, and deliverables.
- You will hands-on support the core technology development activities.
- You will identify and engage development partners and suppliers to leverage commercial off-the-shelf components to complete the solution.
- You must have an excellent understanding of the Food Safety Modernization Act and its implications.
- You will need strong knowledge of food technology, processing, and microbiology, as well as a solid understanding of post-harvest interventions. Strong comprehension of GMPs, HACCP, SQF, Labeling, and Federal food regulations is essential.
- Ideally, you have a food safety market background, heading up a food testing lab or contributing to food safety strategy and execution. You are well networked, technically strong, and provide succinct summaries. Experience in s start-up environment is highly desirable.
- BS or MS in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, or related; concentration in food safety, food processing, quality control, and food defense. Excellent skills in succinct and effective communication required.
- We are based in the San Francisco Bay Area. We expect daily presence in the office, with some flexibility for the right person.