SafeTraces is a rapidly growing San Francisco Bay Area start-up that is marketing a unique traceability and authentication technology with a wide range of applications. Our edible markers are applied directly to the food - not the packaging - during food processing to trace the product and obtain rapid source assurance. During sanitation, the markers are applied to the wash water to verify proper sanitation processes, providing assurance of a food’s effective sanitation.
We are looking for a
Logistics and Production Planner
SafeTraces is built on a global supply chain supporting customers worldwide. As an integral member of the operations team, the Logistics and Production Planner will manage contract manufacturer work order schedules and coordinate the logistics between CM’s, inbound and outbound freight to customers. This position requires adaptability and flexibility in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
What you’ll be doing
- Own contract manufacturing and internal work orders. Ensure completion per production schedule and meet schedule requirements.
- Work closely with buyers. Ensure due dates align with production schedules.
- Coordinate all logistics between suppliers, inbound and outbound freight to ensure material arrives in time to meet the schedule.
- Contribute to periodic supply chain reviews (open orders, inventory, etc.).
- Maintain contract manufacturing bills of material in the ERP system.
- Ensure all relevant documentation is followed, filed and properly maintained.
- Be part of our culture of being collaborative, respectful, transparent, ethical, efficient, high-achieving, and fun!
What we’re looking for
- Minimum: 5 years production planning, 1-2 years logistics experience
- 2+ years experience planning high-volume consumables items, e.g., test kits
- 2+ years experience planning in a regulated industry, prefer food safety
- Equipment planning experience desirable
- ERP experience, APICS certification highly desired
- Deep knowledge of planning and logistics (domestic and international) practices, procedures, and best practices
- Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders
- Knowledge of material control practices (kitting, receiving, shipping, etc.).
Benefits and perks
- Competitive compensation, equity, and incentives program
- Generous health benefits
- 401(k) matching
- Commuter benefits
We are based in the San Francisco Bay Area. We expect daily presence in the lab.