We are is a rapidly growing Tri-Valley start-up that is marketing a unique traceability and authentication technology with a wide range of applications. Our edible markers enable full traceability and authentication of the product, not just the packaging. They are applied during food processing to trace the product and obtain rapid source assurance. During sanitation, the markers are applied to the wash water to verify proper sanitation processes, providing assurance of a food’s effective sanitation.
We is seeking a lead software engineer looking for a challenging assignment to design and implement device data management for its DNA-based SafeTracers and SaniTracers technologies. Device data management implements a verifiable chain of custody that traces food products from producers to processors and consumers. It also records correct application of industrial sanitation procedures. This assignment is a critical part of our source assurance platform, so if you are looking to get out of payment systems and help us improve food safety, read on!
We are looking specifically for the following:
- Recent design and implementation experience on combined software/hardware systems, for example credit card transaction processing or mobile device management
- Solid background in security including authentication, non-repudiation, encryption, and cryptographic hashes
- Cloud-based REST web service design and delivery using up-to-date technologies (Node.js, Java, Python, etc.)
- Android/iOS mobile application design and delivery
- Ability not only to implement systems directly but also to prepare plans and designs that can be forwarded to other engineers/teams for implementation
- Comfortable working with both internal engineering teams as well as external customers and business people
- Experience with PLCs, such as Siemens, is a plus
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Experience with managing contractors and engineering services vendors, is a plus
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science
- Successful candidates will have a really solid background in Computer Science – this is not a gig for amateurs!
We expect the lead engineer to drive selection of language, security protocols, implementation frameworks, and deployment mechanisms. This is a great opportunity for candidates looking to leverage a background in secure transaction processing and web service/mobile app development into a leadership position responsible for software/hardware management with global reach.