SafeTraces is a rapidly growing San Francisco Bay Area start-up that is marketing a unique traceability and authentication technology with a wide range of applications. Our edible markers are applied directly to the food - not the packaging - during food processing to trace the product and obtain rapid source assurance. During sanitation, the markers are applied to the wash water to verify proper sanitation processes, providing assurance of a food’s effective sanitation.
We are looking for a software developer with a breadth of experience ranging from controlling the devices that apply markers to products to the online information systems that manage the data and APIs that power our food safety solutions.
- You love to code. You have recent full stack experience developing applications that provide customers with a combined on-line and mobile app user experience.
- You get security. You understand how to create applications that are secure across all access points.
- You can lead. You have the uncanny ability to create and communicate designs that others can implement. You are effective working with in-house and out-sourced teammates.
- You know integration. You've designed and implemented successful enterprise level systems integration projects with 3rd party business systems and or block chain ledgers.
- This is not a gig for amateurs – you are ready for a real challenge!
- Recent design and implementation experience on combined software/ hardware systems, for example, credit card transaction processing or mobile device management
- Solid understanding of OOP with Java or C++
- Proficiency with relational and document data such as MySQL or Postgres, SQLite, and MongoDB
- Expertise implementing Web Applications and REST APIs using NodeJS
- Strong test-driven development skills using xUnit, Mocha, and mock objects
- Proficiency with source code management, build, package, deploy and continuous integration
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Solid analytic skills capable of developing and documenting requirements and implementation plans based on stakeholder conversations
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science and 5 years related industry experience