SafeTraces is a rapidly growing San Francisco Bay Area start-up that is marketing a unique traceability and authentication technology with a wide range of applications. Our edible markers are applied directly to the food - not the packaging - during food processing to trace the product and obtain rapid source assurance. During sanitation, the markers are applied to the wash water to verify proper sanitation processes, providing assurance of a food’s effective sanitation.
We are looking for a
LABORATORY OPERATIONS MANAGER
The Laboratory Operations Manager is responsible for the overall operations of the life sciences laboratory and the supervision of laboratory personnel. The highly complex nature of the work requires excellent attention to detail, effective written and verbal communication skills, the ability to multi-task and be flexible with tasks and schedules, and the ability to work independently in a team environment. The Laboratory Operations Manager acts a liaison between the laboratory staff and other teams.
- You have excellent team management skills, such as good judgment and decision making, the ability to remain professional under pressure, and effective interpersonal skills.
- You can analyze complex issues, motivate others, and adapt quickly to evolving circumstances.
- You have excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate changes, issues, and challenges across all teams and levels.
- Oversee operations of the life sciences lab, including planning, managing, and evaluating all activities
- Ensure testing is performed correctly, including planning, validating, and implementing new testing protocols
- Manage quality control documentation, technical troubleshooting and optimization procedures
- Collaborate with product development and product management in the implementation of new products and process optimizations
- Ensure stability studies, validation protocols, and new assay project are implemented per protocol
- B.S. or higher degree in Molecular Biology
- 5+ years of laboratory management or other relevant industry experience
- Operations and people management experience
- Track record of successfully delivering projects
- Preferred: Background in molecular biology techniques, including DNA purification and quantification, PCR/qPCR, multiplex assay development