SafeTraces is a rapidly growing San Francisco Bay Area start-up that is marketing a unique traceability and authentication technology with a wide range of applications. Our edible markers are applied directly to the food - not the packaging - during food processing to trace the product and obtain rapid source assurance. During sanitation, the markers are applied to the wash water to verify proper sanitation processes, providing assurance of a food’s effective sanitation.
We are looking for a
The Lab Technician is responsible for performing tasks in the life sciences laboratory per standard operating protocols. The fast-moving nature of the work requires excellent attention to detail, effective written and verbal communication skills, the ability to multi-task and be flexible with tasks and schedules, and the ability to work independently in a team environment.
The primary function of this role is to perform tasks as per standard operating protocols, including but not limited to:
- Pipette master mix for qPCR applications
- Load qPCR instruments
- Collect qPCR data
- Work with research team to support day to day workflow
- Maintain accurate records
- Follow standard operating procedures
- Perform environmental monitoring
- Laboratory work includes pipetting, aliquoting reagents, troubleshooting experiments, labeling
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- BS in molecular life sciences OR 2+ years industry experience
- Hands-on experience in qPCR or RT-PCR
- Experience in DNA quantitation, oligonucleotide production, other molecular biology techniques or nucleic acid technologies
- Ability to work independently and perform routine tasks
- Detail oriented and quality focused
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Experience with Excel, Google apps
We are based in the San Francisco Bay Area. We expect daily presence in the lab.